Someone asked me how to start a daycare at home, and how much work and finances it entails. As experts predict an increase in the demand for daycare, more are getting interested in the daycare business.
Opening a childcare facility is a vast and lucrative business opportunity that opens many doors to people who wish to venture into this kind of project. Starting a day care facility from your home can prove to be challenging and tedious but with a little help and some basic steps to guide you to the business development process you can have a faster and hassle free transition into owning your very own day care. Here are some of the few key steps in establishing a home day care business.
The most important years in a child’s development are those from one to six, causing a demand from modern day parents for a structured pre-school education to ensure proper stimulation of the child’s’ mental faculties, A child aged two and beyond is ready to interact with other children and daycare provides rich experiences. Daycare centers promise a stable career. Interested to put up one? You can start at home with 5 basic steps.
1. Know existing laws and other regulations on home daycare. You will know how to start a daycare at home through these laws, – area requirements, meal schedules, activities, staffing requirements, and necessities that your home daycare must have.
2. Write a sound business plan. Consider the state laws and rules on child care to come up with details as to how you will comply with them. If possible, draft a feasibility study taking into account the demand, and the existing market competition.
3. Examine financing options. If you do not have enough money to start, find a lender.
4. Purchase supplies, furniture and equipment. Childproof your home. Be sure you have enough toys and play equipment for kids of all ages you will take in, dietary and hygiene essentials, and learning materials.
5. Train in first aid administration, CPR and other emergency procedures.
6. Advertise your day care facility. Distribute flyers, and pamphlets. Ensure posting of your ads. Plug your services in local radio and newspaper ads. These help bring in clients
Now that you have ideas on how to start a daycare at home, you are all set to secure your career but assure the kids’ bright future as well.
Fritz Andre author of How To Start A Daycare At Home – http://www.ownadaycare.com
It’s a never-ending hustle and bustle for Denise Houghtaling, as she runs a mulch company in South Fort Myers. But in the back of her mind at all times is her 19-year-old daughter, Brandi, who is in a Sunrise Adult Daycare Center in Saint Petersberg.