Before embarking on any marketing campaign, it is always most important to identify the various objectives in which you are hoping to achieve with your marketing campaign, given the limited resources available to a daycare centre.
Know your customers
The daycare centre should seek to get to know their customers better. The daycare should employ effort to learn more about their customer so that they can better provide the daycare services that they are expecting.
Know your marketing environment
It is also important for the daycare to know the environment in which it exists. Daycare centres, regardless of how small an outfit, do not exist in a bubble. The marketing efforts employed will be highly dependent on the internal and external environment in which it exists.
Tailor-make your marketing
From the information gathered in the first and second points, the daycare should then relook at its current business and tailor the daycare services and pricing to specifically address the needs of the customers, marketing environment and competitive realities.
Following that, the daycare should develop marketing messages which they know will grab the attention of the daycare customers, make them interested enough to find out more, either via phone call or visit, and motivate them into engaging their daycare services.
Once the customer has successfully signed up with the daycare, the daycare should develop a customer service strategy to achieve maximum customer satisfaction, therefore ensuring that the customer continues to enroll the child in the daycare as well as word of mouth advertising.
Assumption is the mother of all foul ups. Effort should therefore be made periodically to talk with the customers to obtain their inputs on the daycare services and how it is meeting their needs and wants.
From the information gather, the daycare should be able to accurately determine what are the areas that require fine tuning and what are the areas that it has done well.
Sign up for a FREE 7-part Develop a Winning Marketing Plan for your Daycare eCourse and learn how to build up the brand of your daycare and Win More Customers Than your Daycare Can Handle! Setup A Daycare.com
Duluth, GA (PRWEB) June 11, 2015
ChildCare Education Institute® (CCEI), a distance learning professional development and certificate provider, offers CCEI440: Sensational Science as an online no-cost trial child care training course to new CCEI users during the month of June.
There are several reasons to include science activities in the early childhood curriculum. American students continue to lag behind students from other countries in math and science, and research suggests that emphasizing science-related skills and knowledge from a young age can give children an important head-start toward future academic achievement. This course examines age appropriate guidelines and activities for setting up a science center that includes activities that build curiosity. Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to define science as it relates to preschool children, identify appropriate materials to include in a science center, identify basic activities for promoting early science skills, and list the main purpose and benefits of science in the early childhood curriculum.
“Introducing science activities in the early childhood setting is a great way to develop critical thinking skills at an early age” says Maria C. Taylor, President and CEO of CCEI. “This course helps to define science and provides multiple activities that encourage science exploration in young children.”
This beginner-level training course is available as a trial course to new users with CCEI account creation in June. Current CCEI users with active, unlimited annual subscriptions can enroll in professional development courses at no additional cost when logged in to their CCEI account. Users without subscriptions can purchase child care training courses as block hours through CCEI online enrollment.
For more information, visit http://www.cceionline.edu or call 1.800.499.9907, prompt 3, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm EST.
ChildCare Education Institute® provides high-quality, distance education certificates and child care training programs in an array of child care settings, including preschool centers, family child care, prekindergarten classrooms, nanny care, online daycare training and more. Over 100 English and Spanish child care training courses are available online to meet licensing, recognition program, and Head Start Requirements. CCEI also has online certification programs that provide the coursework requirement for national credentials including the CDA, Director and Early Childhood Credentials. Several certification programs have been evaluated and awarded college credit recommendations by the National College Credit Recommendation Service (National CCRS). CCEI is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), and is authorized under the Nonpublic Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990, license number 837.
Find More Daycare Costs Press Releases
The costs associated with setting up a daycare business can range from only a few thousand dollars up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Let’s have a look at some of the startup costs that you will most likely come up against if you open your own child care center.
1) Location – The main concern when it comes to startup expenses is whether you start a home-based daycare or rent commercial premises. It is possible to run an extremely efficient business by using your home although you will be sacrificing large parts of your family’s living space. There is however refurbishment costs associated with turning part of your home into a daycare environment that is suitable for children.
2) Licensing, Safety and Compliance Costs – Fire safety equipment such as extinguishers and alarms must be installed, first aid kits must be purchased and the daycare area must be fenced to keep children within a safe play zone. Business licenses and permits will also add on to initial costs.
3) Equipment – To make your daycare marketable you have to turn it into a child friendly environment. Suitable furniture and decorations are needed to create visually stimulating surroundings and you will also need play structures, toys, books, posters and art and craft supplies. Remember to always go with quality as children typically wear things out faster than adults.
4) Administrative area – You will have set up a small area that can be used as an office. Costs here may include stationery, phone line connection and Internet connection.
5) Operating Costs – Some business plans also include operating costs for the first two or three months of business when they calculate startup costs. This is sensible as it may be several months before the business has revenue coming in.
6) Business Launch – Expenses associated with promoting the daycare will include branding (logo design), advertising costs (campaigns should start months before opening day) and expenses associated with throwing an opening party.
It is important to show some restraint as you set up the business and prevent startup costs from getting completely out of control. But at the same time you need to have spent enough by opening day that you are looking fully organized and professional with a set up that attracts families to your services. Carefully budgeting for your daycare business startup costs will go a long way to determining your level of success in the first few months of your businesses life.
For more information on how to start a daycare visit